cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

My BT Android App

Go to solution

Hi, since updating the app to the latest version it now requires us to enter our credentials each time even though we enable fingerprint login.

I put a review on google Play and they said to uninstall and reinstall, we both have, but it is still doing the same.  They then said to get in touch here.

Are you able to help please?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: My BT Android App

Go to solution

The fingerprint login on my Android device is very hit and miss.  I have come to the conclusion that it can't cope with the  normal expansion/contraction of my finger in response to changes in temperature.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Graham

We've never had a problem with the fingerprint before.  In fact our problem is not the fingerprint, it is the fact everytime we go back into the app it hasn't remembered any credentials and we need to log in again, create a PIN and then also re-enable biometrics.

It just isn't remebering details.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Would love to hear from someone at BT??? 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Android user to your assistance!

I've just installed the 'myBT' app myself and saw your question. You mentioned you posted a review on Google Play for assistance.

A lot of people do this but my advice is if you are having real problems with the app - don't! If you click on the 'developer contact' below on Google Play in app details it will show an email address.

It is    my.bt.app.support@bt.com

Email them that way. You may get more assistance. Tell them your problem. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you get it sorted! 😀

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Great advice, thank you 🙂

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Great news, yesterday I saw there was another new update that said "in this update, we've made some accessibility improvements" so I installed it and put on my credentials yet again and I've just opened it again now and it remembered them 🙂

Fingers crossed this will be resolved now! 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Fingers crossed this new update has solved it. Thanks again for your help. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Happy to help!

I have since discovered that if you email BT email address for help given on Google Play in Developer Contact you just get an automatic email reply back saying they are unable to respond and give other options which just lead Google Play users round the garden path.

It isn't good enough as being a Google Play user you should have been able to converse with the Developers using that email address.

I have left a review on Google Play saying it isn't good enough.

So keep my advice in mind but it is BT causing the contact problems.

I have emailed many developers on Google Play using their email address with concerns and have had many helpful email conversations with them.

If you can't use the fingerprint sensor there should be other options to log in. If their isn't I should complain about that as well. 

Please you are all sorted now!

😄😀

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

P.S I have since discovered that if you need help with the app on Google Play you need to call BT on 0800 800 150.

🤗