cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKL
Message 1 of 5

My Motorola g4 has been locked by BT virus protect

I got a screen asking for a pin to unlock my phone. Where can I get a pin number to unlock my phone? They have sent me one, but to a wrong email address. Now I am desperate as I can't use my phone. The BT live chat gives no help at all. They keep transferring the chat to differnet person. Noone in the live chat seems to know what to do. Anybody out there can help please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: My Motorola g4 has been locked by BT virus protect

If you login to MyBT, and look at your mobile account, there should be an unlocking PIN listed.

Are you sure its virus protect that is doing it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If there is nothing important saved on your phone do a factory reset and don't re-install BT Virus Protect. You could use Avast Mobile Free which in my opinion is far superior and problem free compared to BT's offering.

0 Ratings
JKL
Message 4 of 5

The only screen I got is the BT virus protect. It tells me that my device is locked. And that they have sent me an email to reset my PIN. Unfortunately they have sent it to an email I don't own. I got into my BT account, but I didn't see any unlock pin. My BT account is used for main line only. I use Lycamobile network for my mobile phone. Maybe that is the reason I don't see any unlock PIN listed.

0 Ratings
JKL
Message 5 of 5

The only screen I got is the BT virus protect. It keeps asking me to put in a PIN which I don't have. I think the phone has died!!

0 Ratings