cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neet
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

My mobile contract runs out at the end of this month. If I don’t do anything will I go over to PAYG

Go to solution

Hi, my mobile contract ends this month and I would like to know what would happen if I don’t renew it? If I did decide to go with another provider would I need to give notice? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: My mobile contract runs out at the end of this month. If I don’t do anything will I go over to

Go to solution

In terms of price nothing will change, same price during and after the minimum term with all BT mobile plans (Including handsets), after the minimum term you will continue on a rolling 30 day contract, meaning you can cease the service with 30 days notice or request a PAC code to port the number over to a new network.

The other option is to see what new offers are available, switch to a different plan on a new minimum term, get in touch and ask.

Neet
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: My mobile contract runs out at the end of this month. If I don’t do anything will I go over to

Go to solution
Does requesting a PAC code automatically cancel your account? And how long before it takes effect? Many Thanks
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Once a PAC is requested* you'll be given a code starting with BTC

Order your new sim from your new provider, once you have the new sim you can give the new provider the PAC code, this will allow them to port your number to a new provider, once done your BT mobile will cease, the port takes around 48-72 hours.

* PAC codes are valid for 30 days, if unused then the BT mobile will continue.

One last thing is any perks such as BT Sport that come with mobile plans, they stop working once your mobile is ceased or ported

Neet
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you 🙂
0 Ratings