Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 6

New Apple iPhone launch, today 10th September

Calling all Apple iPhone fans,

Today is the day that Apple will be launching their latest Apple iPhone.  

Apple will hold its annual iPhone-centric event at the Steve Jobs Theatre on the Apple Park campus today Tuesday, September 10. This year's theme is "By innovation only," which is the line that was on the invitations sent out to members of the media in late August.

I don't have any of the finer details to share but I was wondering what everyone is expecting or hoping for? I don't have an iPhone at the minute but as I am overdue an upgrade I could be convinced to go for this latest edition, if it ticks all the boxes for what I look for in a phone 🤔

What does everyone think? If you are an iPhone fan is there anything in particular you are looking out for? If you are traditionally an Android user, what would tempt you to switch to Apple's newest creation?

I came across this video that will give some insight as to what you might expect at this launch, New Apple iPhone launch, what to expect

Cheers

Sean

5 REPLIES 5
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Apple iPhone launch, today 10th September

I'd always had Android phones until two years ago when I decided to try an iPhone. I'm now on my second iPhone, I stayed with it mainly because I couldn't be bothered to change brands when my contract was up.

There is one very good feature of the iPhone and that is the lightening connector thingy, it's so easy to plug the cable in. Apart from that I think the iPhone is inferior to the Samsung Galaxy Series from a user experience point of view, you can only do what Apple think you should do, it's their way or no way. iTunes is close to being the most unintuitive piece of software ever developed.

So I will be moving back to Android at some point, probably at my next renewal. Before I had an Apple product I never understood what it was that made them so popular, especially after I had a go with a friends iPod many years ago, and I still don't.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the info @Andy005  very helpful indeed.  I have had the last few Sony Experia handsets and overall ive been pretty happy but all of them have been much of a muchness but if there isn't any new tech bar improvement in the camera, what am I expecting. 

I have an ipod and absolutely love it, its bullet proof as it's been through the washing machine a few times and still going strong 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 6

With the iPhone, and Apple devices you have the iTunes utility which gives you a backup of the device, “as is”.

Useful if you think that you have lost some info, as you always have  an image  stored in iTunes on your Windows pc to fallback on.

There are still some niggles with syncing your Outlook Calendar  and Notes, which can only be done thro iCloud, apparently.  Not like the older iPods and iPads which synced manually.  Suppose it’s one of those mysteries, which is an incentive. Keeps you on your toes! A target to be reached!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 6

Good morning,

I can now share the details of the Apple iPhone launch that happened yesterday.  I have floated a new topic so if you are interested you can read all about it from here,

New Apple iPhone 11 details

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the link, @SeanD . I've looked at the detail. Main point appears to be the camera, which is catching up with Android models.

"Other" sources give preliminary prices, so it looks as if the new ranges of iPhones, are going to be competitive.

I'll stick with the iPhone 8+, for a while longer. Can't see it going obsolete within a few years. (And it is a reliable, working phone, after all).

0 Ratings