cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New BT Mobile contract and upcoming annual increase.

Hi. I'll be looking for a new SIM Only deal next month, will contracts set up in March be subject to the 9.3% increase at the end of that month? Cheers - Andy

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New BT Mobile contract and upcoming annual increase.

Yes it will, according to the BT salesperson I spoke to this morning.

Your choices are buy it now and take the increase on the chin or wait until April. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you but I assume that's if you join/upgrade now. I'm looking to join in March. My BT BB started mid March last year I and I didn't get the last annual rise. I am wondering if the same applies to mobile accounts. My current mobile deal doesn't end until March, I'm just looking around for alternatives. 

Message 4 of 4

@AndyGeewrote:

Thank you but I assume that's if you join/upgrade now. I'm looking to join in March. My BT BB started mid March last year I and I didn't get the last annual rise. I am wondering if the same applies to mobile accounts. My current mobile deal doesn't end until March, I'm just looking around for alternatives. 

That's because the annual CPI + 3.9% increase on the 31st March starts this year for your broadband:

If you sign up to a new contract or renew your contract for a Landline (including call charges, features, add-ons and plans), BT Mobile (including monthly add-ons, call, text and data charges), the monthly price will increase each year from March 2021.

Other Landline (calling plans only), BT Mobile (plans only), BT broadband, BT TV or BT Sport (including TV and Sport add-ons) the monthly price will increase each year from March 2022. These increases are based on the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation which is published in January each year plus 3.9%.

So if you join BT Mobile up to and including the 31st March 2022, you should have the increase applied to your contract. Join from 1st April onwards and it is March 2023 before the next CPI + 3.9% rise is applied.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings