cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: New Mobile Phone - Battery Advice Please

Go to solution

I can't be absolutely sure on this on but my thoughts (for what they're worth) are that :-

If the charging circuit calls for a USB3 cable, as I suspect it does with your phone, and you use a USB2 cable then the phone will still charge but you will get a 'Low Power Charger' warning message for a few seconds when you connect it

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson 

I remember seeing that "Low Power Charger" warning with my old HTC10, (also USB-C), but so far I haven't seen it with any of the cables that I have tried on my new Samsung A41. Maybe USB3 is not required for this phone? Though I thought that the spec for USB2 was only 500mA / 0.5Amp?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

Go to solution

Provided it's in good condition and has the correct connectors, any old cable will do (though Apple devices seem to prefer white ones 😄). Same with chargers, except that you'll probably need output above 2A to activate fast/turbo charging for phones that support it.

EDIT: @Paul608085  I posted the above before seeing your latest post. Point is that the "low power" issue arises from the charger rather than the cable. My wife and I mix and match chargers and cables all the time; the only issue has been that her Samsung will fast-charge with 2.4A while my Moto needs 3A so we need 3A to share, along with any cable that ends with a USB-C connector.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings