cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New pole - what is it?

IMG_4408.jpegJust had a new pole appear in the village - any idea what the equipment will support? Hoping it is mobile, as we have no signal currently. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New pole - what is it?

A wireless node perhaps, looking at the label.

https://www.rakwireless.com/en-us

An alternative wireless broadband provider possibly?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Looking at the two aerials, it looks like a wireless node, possibly part of a wireless mesh. Perhaps there is a new wireless broadband provider starting up?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Keith - I was ever hopeful that we might finally get some mobile signal, but I guess we shall just keep on waiting 😔 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Many houses (including ours) have FTTP so I was thinking mobile might be more pressing! We are a small dispersed village, so it could be getting to outlying houses.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

It could be a mobile repeater, most of this sort of kit can be configured to do almost anything, as the product website shows.

See if more poles go up, as that may be a clue.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks. This one has been up for a couple of weeks but I kept forgetting to take a photo. Will see if I come across any more on walks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Looks like a LoRaWAN (Long Range Wide Area Network) Gateway equipment and solar panel.

By any chance you near any of these areas? 

These tend to help create a IoT and network for things like smart meters ect...

https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/stowmarket/12-metre-poles-could-roll-out-to-six-locations-in-suffolk-t...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Ah that could be it - we aren’t in any of the locations listed, but are close to two of them.
The wait for mobile signals continues. 

0 Ratings