Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
collie1872
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

No Pac number from BT

Go to solution
I recently changed from BT Mobile to Sky Mobile. BT seem incapable OR are intentially making it very difficult to get a PAC number from them to transfer my mobile telephone number to Sky.
I have spoke with two seperate BT operators who both said the systems are down so couldnt provide the PAC number and I would receive a text with it within 24 hours. I also got the same reply on the BT online chat.
OFCOM regulations say that the PAC number within 2 hours of it being requested but BT seem to just ignore this.
I have seen similar posts to mine stating the exact same problem going back to 2017 so is it BT policy to ignore OFCom regulations?
Also if I wanted to renew my BT Mobile or Broadband contract the BT system was MYSTERIOSLY working and they could do that for me during my phonecalls but the system would be down if I want the PAC code to leave.
GIVE ME MY PAC CODE!
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: No Pac number from BT

Go to solution

Contact them again, if they're unable to raise it there is a fall back process, so there is no reason you can't be provided with it.

0 Ratings
collie1872
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for replying Richie.
I have already spoke with two BT operators and each call for 30mins plus after waiting in a que and also to another on online chat. All giving the same rubbish that the systems down so cant provide the PAC. They are terrible to deal. Worse customer Service. I think it may BT policy to intentially make it difficult hoping you give up. To many threads with similar problem for it to be a one of.
0 Ratings
collie1872
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Cant-get-my-PAC-to-move-my-number-from-BT-mobile/td-p/1733745

This is a similar thread from 2017 posted by someone else. Exact same problem. I could post a load more similar ones but they all report the same problem.

OFCOM should be taking BT to task over this.

GIVE ME MY PAC NUMBER.....!
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

A mod will be along to help, the moderators are BT employees and will be able to resolve your PAC request Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@collie1872 I'm really sorry about the problems you have encountered when requesting your PAC code. I am aware of system issues that have impacted the BT mobile team yesterday and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. In this instance the mobile team have a fall back process where they send off a request to our suppliers for the PAC to be manually generated but this can take 24 to 48 hours to complete. 

When you spoke to the help desk did they mention this process? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
collie1872
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Hi Neil. Thanks for getting in touch.
I was initially told that they couldnt provide PAC code immediately due to technical issues. I was told i should receive it with in 24hours by email and Text.
I went on to online chat this morning and was told that a PAC code had been sent by email but they were having problems sending the email. On chat i was told to phone 0800800150 AGAIN.
I was then had to listen to the sales speel trying to match SKY mobile deal i got even though i told the assistant that i already have the Sky mobile phone and i have been waiting onthe PAC number. I was then passed to someone else who couldnt help and then passed over to a third person. This person said it could take 48 hours and that the PAC code hadnt been generated yet.
So basically getting messed about.
This "technical" issue seems to have been ongoing since 2017 gpng by other posts with the exact same issue.
I will wait for the fast approaching 48hours to pass and see if the PAC code arrives but I am not holding my breath.
Then see how far BT move the goalposts this time and what excuses they have when it doesnt arrive.
0 Ratings
collie1872
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Hooray!
After speaking to 6 different people on the phone and two online chats over the past few days I have now been given my PAC number.........ATLAST!
Now lets hope it works. Fingers crossed.
So much for OFCOM saying it must be given within 2 hours of it being requested.
0 Ratings