cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

No Sim deal for existing Broadband customer!!!!

Go to solution

I'm moving home in about a months time but have already got the keys for my new address. 

I've arranged for my existing package of BT Broadband and TV to be moved to my new home on my officail moving date.

For the transition period I wanted to take up the BT Mobile sim only starter pack deal offered to all existing BT Broadband customers . (£7.50 month + £40 reward card).

Because I now have an open order for BT to move my service I get the following message "You’ve ordered something from BT and we need to complete your order before we can create personalised deals for you. Please check back when your order’s been completed."

I needed the mobile comms. for when I was at the new address before we actually move in.
I've phoned BT and had an online chat. There is nothing they can do for me.

So much for loyalty!!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Sim deal for existing Broadband customer!!!!

Go to solution

@bobwilly

BT's systems allow one order at a time normally. If you have got enough time you could cancel the home move, purchase the sim, acitvate it then do a home move again. 

A few things with that, check the adsl checker that their is no waiting list for broadband and that the home move still has time to work... at least two weeks.

Its not an ideal solution but its a work around...

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion but the situation has moved on a little since posting in anger.

My initial call to Customer service resulted in no help being offered and the chat line with India was an absolute and utter waste of time.

Getting desperate I attempted another on line chat and this time luckily I found myself communicating with Josh who suggested buying the mobile sim package as a new customer and then ask for the mobile account to be merged with the Broadband account.

I rang BT accounts to see how we could do this and spoke to Lozz.

What a breath of fresh air!!

Somebody promote this man!!!.

He was so helpful and grasped the situation immediately.

What has now been agreed is that we buy the mobile sim package as a new customer and when the broadband service has been moved and the open move of service order completed the two accounts will be merged and the discount applied.

Got there in the end! (Thanks to Josh and Lozz)

BT is not for the faint hearted!!

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Glad you got it sorted! BT is made up of systems and scripts and you are right it’s always about getting the right person.

Hope the move goes well 🙂
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Dean007.

Speaking as an ex BT manager getting the right person shouldn't be something customers have to hope for when they contact customer services with a problem.

Instead of the "computer says no" type attitude I was lucky 4th time round and found someone who was prepared to seek a solution that satisfied everybody.

Fingers crossed I won't have to try and get lucky again. 

Thanks again Dean

0 Ratings