cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

No Voicemail Notifications

I'm not getting any notifications when I have voicemail.  No SMS, no spool icon.  I've restarted my phone, cleared the cache, checked all the settings.  I was on the phone for half-an-hour yesterday with a lovely guy called Robin from the BT helpdesk yesterday but he didn't manage to fix it.  Any ideas what's wrong and how I can fix it?  My phone is an S7 Edge with all the updates installed.

Thanks all.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: No Voicemail Notifications

Hi @RagTailedFox,

If you contact the Mobile Chat Team, they'll be able to help you with this.

Give that team a try and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Hi Paddy

Thanks for the reply. The link just goes to an error page, though. Do you have another link?
0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Have you tried dialling 15710 (off) and then dialled 15711 (to turn back on)? When you do 15711 you should hear the robot woman tell you that your voicemail is now enabled - just throwing it out there that it may not be active to begin with, or the age old "turn it off and back on again" lol
0 Ratings
Numbacix
Message 5 of 9

I know this is now a year old so I hope you've got it sorted by now but in case you haven't, I have recently had the same problem with my s7. Just out of curiosity I checked my blocked numbers and lo and behold the voicemail number was there. I'm guessing it got moved during a software update. Unblocked and now getting notifications

Ronnie234567
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I am curious to know why if on EE you can have visual voicemail but on BT (which runs on the EE network and is now owned by BT), you cannot.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@Ronnie234567

Although they are both part of the same group, they operate as two separate businesses. BT, is hosted on the EE network and is an MVNO.

Imagine EE as  full milk, offers everything you need at more expensive price and BT mobile as Semi-skimmed  milk... it’s milk but just just doesn’t offer you everything full milk does, and that’s why it’s cheaper. It wouldnt be a good business practice to have two companies both offering the exact same with one almost half the price. 

0 Ratings
Interlaken
Message 8 of 9

This is the answer!  Many thanks.  I have had this problem on every flippin Samsung Galaxy I have owned and now on S8+

To access blocked numbers press green phone icon the tap the 3 small dots top left, then settings and bloked numbers is in there and sure enough I have just done updates.

0 Ratings
hogg
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I had exactly the same problem - and the same answer worked.

Voicemails left but no SMS notification to say there was one - and 1571 was, somehow, on my blocked numbers list.

Go to the dial screen, hit settings, hit blocked numbers and remove 1571 if it is listed there.

0 Ratings