cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pareshk
Message 1 of 5

No data when on call

Hi,

I recently starting having an issue when im on my phone (iphone7) and my data goes. It says I cannot use data while a call is active. I haven't had any issues since i got BT mobile, but for some reason i started getting this message out of the blue today. Any help? I've checked settings and all seems to be okay. Thanks!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: No data when on call

Have you tried resetting network settings on the handset? You’ll loose your Wi-fi too so make sure you have your password ready.

If that doesn’t work, try and catch one of the mods for help
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Pareshk can you make sure the following settings are selected on your mobile Settings > Mobile Data > Enable 4G > Tick Voice & Data.

0 Ratings
yacoboy
Message 4 of 5

Hi Pareshk, NeilO clearly doesn't know what he is talking about as BT don't even support 4G calling...

The reason you have no data is because it hands the call to 3G to complete the call, and EE doesn't support calls and data simultaneously on 3G for some reason (even though it is technically possible).

Your only option with BT mobile is to use Wi-Fi while you are on a call, otherwise you will have no internet.

If you had a contract from EE directly, it would use 4G data for completing the call and you would have access to the internet still, I don't understand why BT restrict their network in this way by removing this feature.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
vipermo
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

yeah its crazy they dont offer this...

the other thing is if ur using a data call  facetime audio or whats app,viber ,any of them  u can use the internet at the same time.

0 Ratings