cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chezermac
Message 1 of 4

No mobile, no contact, no care?

Go to solution

Purchased an IPhone 5s for my wife as a present for xmas.  Faulty from day one, wouldn't accept calls and wouldn't register sms messages or vm.  Had to keep turning phone off to trigger messages.  Phoned bt several times, went through diagnostics and requested return of phone.  Received a call from the repair centre to state £244 cost as water damaged!  Genuinely never been near water (I wouldn't waste my energy if it had). Called bt every day this week and every day get told a manager will call me back between 9-1 (4 hour slot).  Every day no call and no phone.  Anyone any advice please?  Surprised how poor the aftercare has been as I've been bt customer for circa 20 years but doesn't seem to count for zip...(that bad, this is the first time ive ever felt the need to go to a forum).  Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: No mobile, no contact, no care?

Go to solution

Take it into an Apple Store. 

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Argue. My wife was given the water excuse by Vodafone some years back, also nonsensically. She told them to prove it - they couldn't and she got a new phone. I thought that particular scam had been dropped.  

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, if the goods are less than 6 months old, then it's up to the retailer to prove that you broke the goods, not for you to prove you didn't.

If it's under 30 days, then you have a right to reject faulty goods and get a refund.  After 30 days, they can offer a repair, refund or replacement.