cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

No mobile service in Malaga

Morning, I landed in Malaga yesterday and I have no mobile network signal. I'm only able to make emergency calls and have to log on to Wi-Fi of the hotel to use WhatsApp. I have roam like home on my account and on landing yesterday activated international calls through MyBt but nothing has changed and I have no ability to get a signal or use my mobile data. I can't ring any tech support as I have no signal to make and receive calls. Can anyone help me on what else I may need to do?  Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: No mobile service in Malaga

@VMarshall  Hope you're enjoying your Spanish break. Check you are set-up correctly.

To get the best possible network coverage, please make sure your handset can automatically select a network. Find out how to do this at www.bt.com/phoneguides >

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/going-abroad/using-bt-mobile-abroad/how-do-i-use-bt-mobile-abroad 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you I have checked and it's ticked to automatically select but it says no network available? I'm now not sure what to do and I'm struggling not being able to contact anyone or use my phone at all
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@VMarshall 

when you activated international  in MYBT did you also remember to set the international spend cap to greater than zero say £5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

I did increase the spend cap on data spend and general contract spend, dont think there was a spend cap specifically for international spend. I will take another look thank you
0 Ratings