No mobile signal ... since swopping to BT sim card

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: No mobile signal ... since swopping to BT sim card

Hi @Amlam

are you new to BT is this a replacement SIM card?  And did you activate the sim?

If you have then check out the coverage and any potential issues in your areas 

BT/EE Service & Coverage checker

if that fails, have a chat with the mobile chat team

BT Mobile Chat

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi.... no I’m not new, though I have never had txting. When I was on 02, although there was little coverage in my house, I was still able to send texts ... will try chat thank you!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Wi-fi calling

Why instead of Wi-fi calling on my phone does a blue BT LOGO show up that just takes me to a web site. Since I have had a BT SIM card I have not been able to send or receive txts 😐 at home, when my last provider 02 I was able to use Wi-fi calling. I bought the phone (iphoneX) outright from Apple and I am using a BT SIM card
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Amlam if you do live in an area with not great coverage, there is always WiFi calling now if you have a compatible phone. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Wi-Fi-Calling-Which-devices-are-compatible/m-p/1835950#M11215%...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Hi, I would like to try and use wifi calling but where it would usually give me the option to wifi calling in the settings menu, it just has a blue BT logo, when you click on it, it just takes you through to their website... not impressed at all :o(

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

@Amlam

You need several things to ensure you can get Wi-fi calling working. 

1. A compatable handset, which you mentioned you have an iPhone X. This is compatable

2. Your iPhone needs to have the latest update from apple to work. That is 11.3 and above. 

3. A SIM card that has been enabled by BT for Wi-fi calling  

Once you have all these in place. On the iPhone go to settings, then select phone and then down to Wi-fi calling and click enable. 

If your SIM card has been enabled for the service you should see Wi-fi calling in the top left. Due to the notch on the iPhone X you can see it more clearly on the lock sceee or settings. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Thank you all for comments and suggestions... My son has just found Wi-fi calling, which has moved from Settings/Phone to Settings/mobile data. Haven’t tried it yet, but it is now showing and turned on.
0 Ratings