cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

No service when using bt mobile in Holland

Go to solution

Hi,

my daughter and husband currently in holland, and she cannot use her bt mobile as no service.  Its not like no service coverage at all where she is, we knew this because my husband number bt mobile is ok.  Both number already registered for roaming abroad.  When the simcard of her moved to her dad’s phone, still no service.  I’ve checked mybt all settings on both are the same.  What could be the problem and how to resolve? Thank you for your help

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: No service when using bt mobile in Holland

Go to solution

@Vsr 

Based on what has been posted before on this forum, she needs to make sure that her spend limit for her mobile account, is not set to zero. It needs to be at least £5. This can be changed if she logs into her MyBT account.

If you manage her account, then you can check and alter the settings yourself.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for reply @Keith_Beddoe 

both numbers has spent limit to zero, and all the 3 advance settings under the spent limit are set on.  Both numbers has a monthly plan with 12GB data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts (which i was advised that they can use their plan abroad).

if the spends limit need to be minimum £5, do you know why one of the number worked on spend limits £0 but not the other? Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Not sure why one works and the other doesn`t. I am only mentioning what was posted in the past on this user forum.

You might be best to give BT mobile a call and see if they can suggest anything. But first try altering the spend limit to see if it helps.

This is only a customer to customer help forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you @Keith_Beddoe ,

I’ve called BT mobile as suggested, and they suggested same as you, min £5 on mobile cap and data roaming cap, as they said sometimes it might need to set it like that to be able to use plan abroad.  So they suggested to turn on and off after cap activated 30minutes later, and to turn off automatic network selection and tried all the selection from the list, and if its not working, need to reset network. We even tried changing to 3G as we found information from this forum.

but unfortunately all didn’t work, still no signal service, so made more calls and we mentioned again that the simcard cannot be used even on husband device and husband simcard can be used in daughters phone, so problem is with simcard, so the bt adviser i talked with, he was checking with network department and found out eventhough on the bt adviser system/mybt app saying roaming is active, but behind the screen (network department) said its not yet open/active, so network department requested it to be opened, and should be activated  in 10minutes.  Finally there’s network signal on daughter’s phone after 10minutes, but still cannot be used for calls/text/data until the next day (which is today).  It can be used now, yay.  So hopefuly this could be helpful to someone else, once you option out its not the device problem, it could be network error behind bt system.  Bt mobile advisers I talked with, all were really helpful.  

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

So, no help if you are already out of the UK and this problem happens?

I had my roaming working fine until I added my spending cap to £5 to call the country out of free roaming.

After 5 mins the network stopped working and no more signal!😫

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Oh no, that’s no good, have you tried to restart your device? Hope you’ll be able to sort your problem, maybe if you have someone could help you to call from uk.  Or try twitter “bt”, although last time they can’t do much 

0 Ratings