Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Not getting 5G!?

Go to solution

I spoke to BT CS a few weeks back regarding my SIMO plan that I'm on as a BT Halo customer. I explained that I have a SIMO and that I was going to be purchasing a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G and they stated that I would get 5G in a 5G coverage area without making any changes on my account

Well I've just been in a large 5G area to the SW of Leicester (M1) and despite toggling airplane mode and switching between 4G/5G I didn't get anything more than LTE+. 

Do I need any setting changes on my account or a different APN?

Thank you

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Not getting 5G!?

Go to solution

Did you upgrade your Simo plan to a 5G handset through BT ? Simo plans don't include 5G, you need the handset to be 5G and provided by BT, and also have Halo 2 and the 5G addon.

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

No I didn't but specifically asked the question on several occasions "would I get 5G as a Halo customer even tho I am sourcing my own 5G handset" I was assured that I would! I have screenshots of the conversation

I'm going to be really very "unhappy" if I've laid down the money on a new SIM free 5G handset on the advice of BT CS and cannot get 5G!!!!

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Looks like you might be right @-Richie-  I'm in a strong 5G area in Nottingham right now but I'm stuck on 4G+. 

Not happy with BT at this precise moment! 😡

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Who would be the best number to go through on? Options team?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I doubt options team can help you unless you want to upgrade or change package would be better contacting BTMOBILE help   https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/index.html#/mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Red_Snowwrote:

Who would be the best number to go through on? Options team?

BT employees can't change policy, for now Simo plans can't have 5G, obviously this will change, just like previous 3G and 4G rollouts.
You need a 5G handset provided by BT, you need Halo 2 and the 5G addon.

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

All sorted, PAC code issued.

0 Ratings