Highlighted
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Number Port Failure?

Ported today from VF to BT. 

VF account dead, SIM not provisioned so that's done

BT account updated with ported number from VF

However cannot receive any incoming calls and any number I dial comes back with "Dialled an incorrect number"

Phone restarted many times!

Not happy

What is your experiences?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Number Port Failure?

Well it's gone midnight and the magical fairy number porting unicorn didn't do its job and I've now been without my number since around 0800 yesterday .... Good one BT. If you've lost my number I'm going to be seriously ****** off!!!!

PAC requested .... Web site tells me it can't generate and to wait 48hrs, what a joke .... Well would be if it was funny. #btportingfail!!!!

I thought Vodafone were bad but BT has made them look positively magical!

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Still the same this morning (as I told 3 BT staff yesterday that it would be despite their belief in the midnight magical porting unicorn pressing the big red activate button)

I fail to understand why a telecoms giant can't do simple tasks like this. When I moved my landline/broadband to BT they  naused that up as well!!!

Looks like I'll be getting a Three SIM on the way to work this morning, followed by a call to BT about moving all of my services to Sky or Virgin!!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Red_Snow,

Thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry if the number port hasn't gone as smoothly as we would have liked.

Looking at Moving my Mobile number to BT, it can take up to 24 for the transfer to fully complete.

If you've been waiting longer than 24 hours from the order was placed you can contact the Mobile Chat Team and they'll be able to get this investigated.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Yes, very frustrating but we've got the PAC and hopefully the transfer out of BT will be smooth.

0 Ratings