Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogerdodge51
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Number Porting And PAC generation

Go to solution
Having just found BT mobile doesn't support tethering after I already ported my number to BT, I rang BT to cancel the service and asked for a PAC to allow me to move my mobile phone number to another service provider. After three days of being passed from pillar to post and being left listening to ages of Muzak BT finally told me that they are having major problems generating a PAC code " because it's a very new service we haven't got our act together ". I am now left waiting for BT to get back to me with a solution and currently cannot move to a new provider. Has anyone else managed to get a PAC out of BT and move to another provider ? After about 15 years with my current mobile number I do not want to lose it but must get tethering back again.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Number Porting And PAC generation

Go to solution

is there a cancellation charge for moving as BT Mobile appears to be a 12 month contract?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Eclectic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Presume you mean from BT mobile.

See here - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/contracts-early-termination.html

To leave the basic service is £3.75 per month left on contract.

Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The question is, is it really worth spending that money on cancellation charges when you can get a free PAYG mobile broadband dongle, for the odd occasion you need BB access when away from home, and there is no BT Wifi nearby.

0 Ratings
Rogerdodge51
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I do not expect to pay any cancellation charge. Firstly the info given when I agreed to a 12 month contract was wrong, Internet tethering is not available when I was told it was. Secondly there is a 14 day cooling off period from ordering and I am well inside that. I am more concerned that I get my original mobile number back.
0 Ratings
Rogerdodge51
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
0800 0322 111Just looked on your help pages Keith and found a BT number for PAC codes (0800 0322111) I rang it, spoke to Kevin hey presto I now have a PAC code. Thanks for the help !!!
0 Ratings