Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesKBForumT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Online ordering problem For BT Mobile SIM

Go to solution

I’m new to this forum and would welcome some help please?

I’m a BT broadband and landline customer, seeking to change my mobile phone to BT Mobile SIM Only, which I expect BT would welcome. I have seen an online offer for a SIM, for BT Broadband customers, which includes the incident I’ve of a BT prepaid reward card as  well as an affordable monthly payment.

When I try to order the BT Mobile Sim using MY BT, it does a check that I am a broadband customer but then cancels saying that my landline number does not match my actual number. I do not know what that means and have called BT many times trying to sort this out and to place the SIM order. Unfortunately no-one seems able to help me correct problems placing orders via My BT.

I spoke with the BT Mobile Sales Team, who would let me order the SIM over the phone but would not (or could not) offer the reward card incentive, as apparently that is only available via the online channel. I have tried the online chat teams several times but got nowhere.

Could you please advise how I can fix my My BT problem? Or how to take up the BT offer I have seen? I feel so frustrated, I feel like going elsewhere for my SIM.

Many thanks,

James

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Online ordering problem For BT Mobile SIM

Go to solution

Hi @JamesKBForumT

Thanks for posting, the community can not really help when it comes to issues with BT Accounts as the only people who work directly for BT are the moderators. 

First things first, I will ask a moderator to come and see if they can help you. Check the account, and correct any number issues onces that is done you should be able to order your sim. They take ownership of issues so you dont keep chasing your tail Smiley Happy

The mods here are a friendly bunch but do get busy, so if you can check back tomorrow they will invite you to message them directly..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JamesKBForumT,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to place your order online. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
JamesKBForumT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

This was really helpful and  now my order has been placed as though I had ordered using My BT - thanks!

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JamesKBForumT

I'm glad you managed to place the order for a sim finally. @PaddyB can tick it off  his list...Smiley Happy

If you need anymore help with anything pop back...

0 Ratings
JamesKBForumT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, I wonder if you could help with a further aspect of this problem please?

I am pleased with my BT mobile SIM. I now want to claim the associated BT reward cardfor buying the SIM. I have waited more than 30 days since activating it.

At the time I bought it, the BT advisor who called me did it in such a way as to make it eligible for the reward card but again I'm afraid my online account is failing to play ball.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JamesKBForumT,

We'll certainly look into it for you.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@JamesKBForumT I called there but missed you, I can assure you that you are eligible and I'm sorry about the problems you've had claiming your reward. I've raised this with our rewards team to get this sorted and I'll get back in touch as soon as they update me.

0 Ratings