cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albi1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Phone change

Hi I have changed my phone from a Nokia Lumia to a Samsung Galaxy A5 BT have sent me a new SIM which I have fitted the phone is working ok but when I check under My BT it still says I am using a Nokia 635 how does this get changed to list my new phone.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone change

Hi @Albi1

The system takes a while to play catch up or it hasnt noticed yet that you have changed handsets, if you want to help it along you can..

Power down the new A5, and put your BT sim in another handset and send a text (so it needs to be a BT or EE handset) then put the sim back on the A5 and send a text give it a few hours and that should force the system to see the new handset.

Other than that, my mobile section is more about the sim and PUK.. you have the handset serial number on the box until the system updates.

0 Ratings
Albi1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi Dean

The phones have now updated on mybt I was hoping that I would be able to get wiffi calling once they had but no such luck they are not phones supplied by bt but both use a bt sim and it does mention sim only on the help page they are bot Galaxy A5 (2017) maybe later but knowing bt it will be very much later or not at all.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Albi1

glad it’s updated. But as for the A5 it won’t gsin official support for Wi-fi calling. If you read the main Wi-fi calling thread there are ways to get it working on those handsets if you have the time and energy.  

Check with mobile chat that your sims have been enabled for Wi-fi calling before trying different settings. 

Are your handsets unlocked or sim free

0 Ratings
Albi1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

They are both sim free will contact bt to check sims are set up.

0 Ratings
Albi1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Checked both sims set up for Wifi Calling will look at information on site love a challenge

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

@Albi1

Looking at trying to change the APN settings to EE 

0 Ratings