Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nesetceri
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Phone signal

I have 2 SIM cards I use regularly in my smart phone...one from BT with data and one from GiffGaf (O2) phone only. BT SIM provides me excellent 4G, but  unfortunately hardly any phone connection (most of the time no connection or at its best one bar)but  from the same spot I get excellent GiffGaf O2 phone connection..any ideas why I get 4G but no phone signal from the same spot ? I live in Burnham on Sea TA8 2HF

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone signal

Different coverage between EE and O2. For myself I have goog EE and Three coverage, but very poor O2 and Vodaphone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone signal

@nesetceri wrote:

I have 2 SIM cards I use regularly in my smart phone...one from BT with data and one from GiffGaf (O2) phone only. BT SIM provides me excellent 4G, but  unfortunately hardly any phone connection (most of the time no connection or at its best one bar)but  from the same spot I get excellent GiffGaf O2 phone connection..any ideas why I get 4G but no phone signal from the same spot ? I live in Burnham on Sea TA8 2HF

You haven't said which phone system you are using. (The fooloowing refers to the BT / EE signal, of course).

For the Android to can manually select the data connection - 2G, 3G, or 4G.

It's possible that in some locations you will achieve a better phone  (voice) signal by setting the connection down from 4G to 3G or 2G, or even LTE.

The phone appears to try to connect to the fastest data connection.

e.g. in my area, at home, there are several cells from 1km to 2km away. I get a better phone (voice) connection indoors using 2G, but keep it on 3G which is generally acceptable.

0 Ratings