cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Pixel 4a locked to BT network despite not being on current list of locked handset

All can anyone help just received my new pixel 4a today purchased as it wasn't on the locked handset list and it has am esim function as I need to use a polish sim card as I travel regularly their for work . Put my polish sim card in to find it's locked to BT . I have checked the list again and no Google phone is on that list just Samsung , apple and others. Pointless having an esim phone if it's locked to a network that doesn't do esim except for business people . Can anyone help before I return the handset .

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Pixel 4a locked to BT network despite not being on current list of locked handset

Hi @pborko3152, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry it's normally not possible to unlock a mobile within the first 6 months of the contract. If you speak with the Mobile team on 0800 800 150 they'll be able to offer you advice on the options available to you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Pixel 4a locked to BT network despite not being on current list of locked handset

Thanks for your reply , I understand what you are saying but please see below what the BT mobile web site states in terms of which mobile models are locked to the BT network :

We’ve started to lock some of our handsets to the BT Mobile network. This means that if you want to use it with a SIM card from another provider, you’ll need to ask us to unlock it.

At the moment we’re only locking the handsets below:

• Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10e, S9, S9 Plus, the A40, A8, A6, J6, J6 Plus J3 (2017) and J4 Plus
  • Huawei P Smart, P20 Lite, P20 Pro and Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei P30 and Huawei P30 Lite
  • iPhone XS, XS Max and XR
  • Motorola G7 Power and Moto g6 Play
  • Nokia 3.1
  • Just so you know, we can’t unlock handsets that are locked to another network. You'll need to contact your mobile provider

As you can see no mention of Pixel phones or any Google phone on there hence why I purchased it as I need to use the esim function.... 

I am assuming that because of this misinformation that BT will unlock my phone now without me having to wait 6 months ? 

0 Ratings