cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Please can I get a definitive answer - Does BT offer an SMS gateway?

I wish to send an email occasionally to myself via SMS, from my email program on computer. 

Most providers have an SMS Gateway for this purpose (e.g. 447XXXXXXXXX@btconnect.co.uk or similar) but I can't find out if BT does, and don't have a week spare to sit trying to get intelligent responses from front line 'support'. 
Does anyone know for sure if they do, or do not, have this feature on the network? Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Please can I get a definitive answer - Does BT offer an SMS gateway?

Never heard of it, although that could be because I assume it’s not the most common thing to do, but also as an MVNO I’d imagine not as a lot of ‘features’ available with the major operators are usually not available to MVNO’s such as BT.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for that.

Not sure what an MVNO is but assume you mean like a subsidiary of a bigger network. Yes I suspect you're right, I found that out when BT told me I could switch from EE and would get 'exactly the same service', which was tosh, as I immediately lost my ability to record calls using my recording app which worked flawlessly on EE and not at all on BT. Days of research and time wasted trying to get straight answer from BT support (who had no clue, but lied instead of admitting that).
It would be nice to know, but then the only intelligent support we get is from OTHER CUSTOMERS on this forum, and they are not in a good place to answer something definitively. I live in hope all the same 🙂
Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

PS I will not be renewing my contract with BT, as you may have guessed, but I have a long way to go so could do with this being answered if anyone can.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

No.

I think that BT Business accounts have/had this facility at an extra charge.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thank you. The most unsurprising answer ever. but Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7