Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Poor Mobile Reception

Hi there,

I have very recently moved from Virgin to BT Quad package. My mobile Galaxy s6 edge had fabulous reception in the house with Virgin. I checked BT's coverage checker before moving and it stated very good + it has 4G extra speed coloured yellow on their map. I am wondering why I have now moved.

My reception in the house has mostly read 0 for the past week. My family members still on virgin and EE get signal and can't even call me from another room. Even a BT chap from India failed to connect with me when testing. My HTC is set to to Network mode LTE/3G/2G (auto connect). Chap in India suggested changing the mode to 3G only but that has made little difference. I also found this problem in other good reception areas. The phone keeps dropping the BT connection and I have to reconnect to the Network operator each time. Emergency Calls only keeps appearing on the screen. I do not think it is the SIM card. Intermittantly it will work in certain places like work. 

Any thoughts on how to solve?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor Mobile Reception

as BT are using the EE network then if you can get a good EE signal then BT mobile should work  have you tried the BT sim in the EE phone and see if there is a signal - from other posts BT sim should work in EE phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

I too recently moved to BT hoping coverage would be better but alas it is not. It is poor with EE as well. I can ring out from indoors using the SmartTalk app but cannot receive calls or messages unless using imessage. I  have to go down the garden for a signal. This is  not the only area that is poor I have found. I also have trouble at relatives houses near Tavistock. Very disappointing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

I've posted on so many different forum pages,
I made the mistake of moving 3 Vodafone Mbl accounts across to BT mobile as I did broadband at same time
Mbl is really really awful on my estate and non existent in house
We must get 3 or 4 BT "missed calls" per day when at home
BT (Indian call centre) useless
As u say, they can't call you (due to bad reception) and claim they donor record the number of missed calls
But t I know Vodafone do as part of their new "service" agreement t sowhynot bt
I've travel ed to leave but they want a ridiculous buy out fine to get out of the contract
I just do t understand how they cannot recognition we how bad it is in our area?
Put up a discrete mast
Or better still
Provide the EE home boosters
Really really awful!
0 Ratings