cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 13

Poor Signal Following Maintenance to cell Site

Our local cell was taken offline by EE yesterday (03/10/2017) for maintenance purpose, today I get an email telling me the problem is resolved, but it's not. If anything signal strength is now worse than it was before, we used to get (typically) a field strength of -97dBm which is quite a strong signal, now the field strength can vary between -103dBm - 107dBm in less than one minute. I rang EE and they tried to fob me off by telling me that it can take up to 3 days for the signal strength to settle down, I didn't bother telling them that I am an RF engineer working for a national company and recognise BS when I hear it.

Can BT take this up please

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Poor Signal Following Maintenance to cell Site

Perhaps the work is not complete and still on low power
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 13

No, EE 'assured' me that the work is complete, funny but I don't feel assured

0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

Like you my local cell site had maintenance work a few months ago where the antennae panels were replaced with new ones for 4G. Either these panels are less sensitive or the beam patterns have changed but I'm seeing similar reduction in signal particularly on 3G.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

I was hoping that one of the moderators would have been in touch for more info so that they could investigate but nothing so far. I now have poor coverage both at home and at work so there's not a lot of point having a BT mobile really, I certainly won't be recommending it to anyone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

Suggest you contact the mobile chat them
https://bt.custhelp.com/app/chat/contact_chat/queue_id/467/c/5608,7548/?zyx=w&s_intcid=con_sab_L1:Yo...
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

The quality and range of signal does seen poor from EE mast. I recently left EE due to poor and none existence coverage. A typical example I travel through Roughton Norfolk. On my old sim I got three bars Max of 4G, yet the mast was visable only 200 yards from my location with clear line of sight. My current provider, who BT used to own, have better 4G coverage in my area. Example Cromer had blanket 4G coverage for both providers I was with a colleague. I got full signal 4G he struggled to get one bar of 2G with BT Mobile(EE)!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

Cheers Dave. I'll give that a go but to be honest not had much luck with any of the BT support team in the past. One guy even told me I didn't subscribe to the service I was complaining about once, when I asked why I was paying for it then he told me I wasn't paying for it. Complete Joke.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 13

In reply to the email I received from BT at 00:27 this morning: No I did not receive an answer which resolved my problem,

much to my disgust the mods were conspicuous by their absence.

Thanks a lot to the BT customer (DON'T) care team

0 Ratings
liverpool1
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

It sounds like they have done the same with a mast near us. The signal has fallen away for no apparent reason and checking the ee website there are no faults in the area. I will be interested to see where this thread will take it. Have logged it with Bt and ee as my other half is with ee.
0 Ratings