Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaapstad82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Porting 2 numbers from family sims package

Go to solution

I’m trying to port 2 numbers from my bit family sims package, EE say I need 2 & BT by said I only need 1, I had BT & EE on separate phones last night both disagreeing, can I get separate PAC numbers for each sim to port to EE ? 

Thanks in advance of any help

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: Porting 2 numbers from family sims package

Go to solution

there was a change to the way you can switch provider and port your number from 1st july

If you want to switch and keep your existing phone number, from 1 July, you'll be able to text ‘PAC’ to 65075 to begin the process.

Your existing provider will then respond by text (within a minute) with your switching code (PAC), which will be valid for 30 days.

The provider's reply must also include important information about any early termination charges and pay-as-you-go credit balances.

Once you have this code, you can hand it to your new provider, who will arrange for the switch to complete within one working day.

• Step 1:  Consumers text “PAC” for free to 65075
  • Step2:   Consumers receive their PAC code within as little as a minute, plus account details to share with their new provider
  • Step 3:  Within a working day, consumers’ old service ends and new one begins

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

You will need a PAC for each number, so if you have 2 mobiles then you need 2 PAC codes.

0 Ratings
Kaapstad82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks Ritchie, just a little more information the new contract was taken out online & comes with 6months free BT sport mobile & to do this BT need 2 separate PAC numbers but still BT say I only need 1 I’m frustrated to say the least total contradiction at every turn, can someone give me 2 PAC numbers please

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

try the help pages

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53655/~/how-do-i-get-a-pac%3F

use the new feature and text PAC to 65075

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kaapstad82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

Hi imjolly, I got the PAC on Friday 28th June & have been told it’s valid for 30 & can’t be cancelled & issue another one before the 30days have passed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

presumably if you have a PAC code that is for whichever phone you asked for so have you tried requesting for other phone even trying new text service?

0 Ratings
Kaapstad82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

Hi yes txt service comes back with unable to carry out your request please call ‭0800 800150‬ for more information 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

presumably if you have a PAC code that is for whichever phone you asked for so have you tried requesting for other phone even trying new text service?

The new 'auto-switching' doesn't work on multiple sim packages, BT Family sim plans have extra discounts with additional sims.

0 Ratings
Kaapstad82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

BT are saying the one PAC is for both mobile numbers EE are saying they need 2 separate PAC codes because the place I bought them online is also giving 6 months free mobile BT sports but they need 2 PAC numbers one for each phone to to do it 

0 Ratings