cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gooner1958
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Porting EE mobile number to existing BT mobile sim.

Go to solution

Looking for some information if anyone can help.

I have just finished my EE pay monthly contract.

I have a BT mobile sim only pay monthly contract.

EE cannot get close to the £5.00 per month that the BT mobile contract costs me.

So I want to cancel my EE contract but keep the EE number that I have had for years and years.

Can the EE number be ported over to the existing BT mobile sim ?

Any help or information much appreciated,thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Porting EE mobile number to existing BT mobile sim.

Go to solution

Just call EE and ask for a PAC code. This code will be sent by text to your EE SIM. You should also get a email 

from EE to the mail address linked to your EE account. You have 30 days to use the PAC or it expires. Once you get the PAC log into your BT Mobile account and complete the information to transfer the number. If you do this before 3pm Monday - Friday the porting process will complete the next day. On a Friday it completes the following Monday.

You can also call BT and speak to the mobile who can arrange the porting by giving them the PAC code.

Hope this helps.

RobbieBaron
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Have you actually cancelled your EE contract? These contracts don't just finish. They just carry on rolling on a month's notice until you cancel. If you have cancelled it you can no longer port your EE number.

If not, you can text PAC to 65075 from your EE number. It will respond with your PAC which you can give to BT to port your number. When BT completes the port your EE contract is automatically cancelled.

0 Ratings
gooner1958
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

So this is possible without a new contract with BT or a new sim ?

0 Ratings
gooner1958
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

I have not cancelled the EE contract yet.

I received a text from EE informing me I am at the end of my 24 month contract.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@RobbieBaronwrote:

If not, you can text PAC to 65075 from your EE number. It will respond with your PAC which you can give to BT to port your number. When BT completes the port your EE contract is automatically cancelled.

This is a really good option if you want to avoid the hard sell from EE who will probably offer some kind of short-term sweetener in return for your continued custom.

If you do cancel your EE contract you'll likely receive a refund for the unused portion of the current month - from memory this doesn't happen until your normal billing/payment date.

0 Ratings
RobbieBaron
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, you can give BT your PAC from EE to port your existing EE number on to your existing BT SIM.

If you're going to use your PAC to BT, don't cancel your EE contract yourself. It will be cancelled automatically once BT port your number.

gooner1958
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you all.

BT have confirmed this can be done.

0 Ratings