Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Porting: Not a very good start for BT Mobile

Go to solution
Well I decided to get mobile from BT along with my infinity and TV. Sim arrived and activated, PAC code given last Friday with message confirming number port yesterday. No number ported called BT Mobile once to be told their system has crashed and all porting of number is held in a queue! The earliest I will get the number ported is midday Wednesday two days late. Nobody knows my new BT number and when I get calls from my supposedly ported number it goes direct to voicemail. Why do BT launch a product when the systems cannot cope. After all the ability to port numbers is a key requirement of a mobile provider or do I thought. Let's hope the service going forward is better otherwise their venture into mobile will be short lived!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Porting: Not a very good start for BT Mobile

Go to solution

another post here also getting delay in porting number  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/new-to-Bt-mobile/td-p/1465953

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I got the same message about delayed activation, luckily I have a spare phone so my original BT mobile number can receive calls on that.

If you have a spare mobile, even an old one, you could do the same.

I keep getting text messages on the phone about the delayed activation, the latest on says it now will be done today and not tomorrow, so perhaps they have fixed things?

0 Ratings
JimF
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Seems I'm one of the lucky ones - credit (for once) to BT.
I received a text on 30th saying 'Remember, we're moving you mobile number 07777... To us tomorrow..).
Received the same text at 1450 on the 31st, the day it should have happened, immediately contacted BT and found a very helpful lady, who after admitting that everyone was struggling with the massive change, went away twice for advice and said that the second text appeared to be in error and that there was no obvious problem.
A very few minutes after hanging up, I received two texts (not from BT) on 07777... And found that my number had been ported.The confirmation text did not arrive until 1846 but can't complain as the timescale says 'up to midnight'.
Well done BT and specially the British call centre for dealing well with the initial order and the query.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
We had a very easy move to BT from O2, but the porting process is 'clunky' for all operators. It's certainly prone to issues.
0 Ratings
Noelect
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
It might say this matter is RESOLVED, but I can assure you it isn't.

I completed the order process which stated that it would take 24 hours to transfer my number and next day received the SIM.  I went though the authorisation process and entered the PAC Code and then received a text informing me the number would be moved tomorrow, then a second moments later saying sorry, there would be a delay and that the transfer would not take place until the 7th.

The problem is that I cant receive incoming calls.  Anyone calling 'my mobile number' is presented with unobtainable tone.  A call to EE resulted in them explaining that "BT have taken over the number and therefore there was nothing they could do".

I rang BT, and after the usual Indian inquisition I was transferred to somebody who appeared to know what to do.  After further periods of music I was 'PROMISED' that my transfer was to be prioritised and that it would be done in 24 hours.  I said that probably means 'Good Friday' is that OK? and was informed that the department which were responsible were in and it would be done. Like a mug I believed her.

So today I checked and I don't expect I need to tell you that the number hasn't be transferred.  Another hour on the phone resulted in lots of music and apologies that something had gone wrong and that the transfer would take place on the 7th.   Would you believe this?  I don't.

I'm anticipating another wasted hour on Tuesday, trying to get my phone to work properly.  In addition my contract has started, I'm now being charged for a partially working service, it's only coppers but the principle is important.

I didn't believe the recent Which report saying that BT have the worst |Customer service record, I do now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

only the originator of the thread or a mod can mark as solved so it would appear that orignator has had it solved.

maybe you would be better starting your own thread rather than posting on a solved thread that way it would be obvious that you have a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings