cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B1under
Message 1 of 28

Porting Problems With Mobile Number

Go to solution

Just thought i would post this to keep people in the loop as BT seem to not be!!...

moved my mobile number from O2 to BT 11/11/2016 told it would be an easy painless operation and take 24 hours its now 16/11/2016 and i have been unable to make calls from the mobile for the last 84 hours.

after the many merry go round conversations with online chat with our Indian representatives and a few phone calls and being told all will be fine tomorrow i can now confirm that BT is experiencing unprecedented problems with "many" customers and i have been given 2 differing resolution timescales.....

1.  48 hours at best.

2.  hopefully before the weekend.

in this day and age this is wholly unacceptable first and foremost to notcontact customers with dialogue of what the problem is and when the problem will be fixed. Secondly that they are unable to fulfill a simple Porting of a mobile number... reading through previous posts this has benn an historic and systemic failure of BT for some time.... and the echoing silence from BT to its customers is pathetic to say the least.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
alfonzo
Beginner
Message 2 of 28

Re: Porting Problems With Mobile Number

Go to solution

Same problem here, number was ported Tuesday 15th, received text from BT saying all was gong well would be up and running in 30 mins, can receive incoming calls and texts, but no outgoing. on live chat was told 24 hours to 48 hours to resolve issue. Was also told "this is a known fault so you will recieve compensation for loss of services" Fingers crossed they get into gear and resolve it soon, although as a new customer of BT, since September i have to say its been an awful experiece dealing with them. So far they have not got one thing right, 14 hours and counting of calls to them over the past 3 months. Awful Awful experience.

0 Ratings
alfonzo
Beginner
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

test

0 Ratings
KCACO
Beginner
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

I have the same issue and spoke with BT this am.  Was advised it is a recognized issue and is being worked on but no time scale to fix was offered.

Up to this point the PAC process has been good with plenty of texts to inform and confirm.

This has rather reversed that position.

Given it is not a new problem is there a general fix time ie a few hours/days/weeks ?

0 Ratings
B1under
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

From what i can gather from previous post on the issue, the problems previously have been down to "Operator Error" and the systems put in place to facilitate the move, on this occasion its a "System Error" as in, the Move has gone through BT now own the Mobile Number you requested but their computer system is not recognising the Port in so can not attribute your Sim plan to the account.

If you go online and check your BT Mobile useage, or similarly via the BT mobile App you will see that your account states Useage allowance unavailable. there is no "quick" resolution to this as firstly they have to find out why this ishappening to only "newly" ported Mobile numbers and then roll out a full system debug and fix. im looking at possibly over a week without the use of a mobile phone.

yes they are saying there will be some recompense, but if your on a £5 a month SIM only plan realistically how much can that possibly be!. for the sheer lack of communication and also the Inconvenience of having no mobile for over a week im simply going to push for 3 months tarrif free. i thiink that sounds perfectly fair...

0 Ratings
mowen
Beginner
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

I'm also in the same boat, ported across from GiffGaff to BT on 15/11/16, but since doing so cannot send text messages, although receiving them is not an issue.

For those who are iPhone users, I'm also having an isue whereby I cannot register for either iMessage or Facetime - I presume this is most likely because of the SMS sending issue.

Had a chat with BT online this morning who estimated a 24-48 fix as a priority. It sounds very much like a "finger in the air" guess.

Mike.

0 Ratings
FlyingFish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution
I'm in the same boat although a bit more complex.
I took out bt mobile sim only at the start of the month, but the sim card didn't turn up, a second card was issued.
When one arrived in the post I pooped it in the phone and it worked fine, but I couldn't activate it on my online account. Turns out the sim I was using was the first one and couldn't be activated as a replacement was on it's way! Anyway the replacement turned up and didn't work! So support decide to activate the first sim (that functions fully) on my account.

Foolishly I gave them my Pac code from giff gaff at the weekend. With a transfer date of Tuesday, yesterday.
On Tuesday morning my giff gaff sim stopped, but the BT sim didn't take the number. So nobody with my old number can contact me! Also today just a couple of hours ago, the first BT sim card I've been using to date, stopped altogether. Emergency calls only!

Really wish I'd never bothered joining BT mobile, and can't wait for the whole saga of getting my £90 Amazon voucher!

All the support staff I've spoke to over the past few days have been polite and lovely, but the fact remains I'm still in this hole. Not happy.
0 Ratings
alfonzo
Beginner
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution
Update 7pm - my phone seems to be working at the moment? 🙂 Hope that's the issue resolved and that you are all up and running as well.
0 Ratings
mowen
Beginner
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Likewise - now appears to be working. SMS messages can be sent and can now activate iMessage and FaceTime. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
lizzy_shi
Beginner
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Same issue here, see my post "terrible BT customer service". I actually write the director Gavin Patterson and I get a very political answer from him. No assurance for the issue to be fixed, no target date to fix it. It is really bad. Their problem is from the top to the bottom. Even the issue is fixed, I am going to move out all my BT services.

0 Ratings