Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlyingFish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: Porting Problems With Mobile Number

Go to solution

Well its been over a week now and I still cannot make any calls or send text messages. 4G data works fine.

I have 'contacted a mod' to pursue cancelling this contract I took out 3 weeks ago, and to get my phone number back (PAC code) to take elsewhere. 

I hope its plain sailing, and can be arranged without any issues.

0 Ratings
FlyingFish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution

Update:

Today a nice man called James contacted me, to assure me he was getting my problem fixed, and this should be done today.

James called back after a short while to inform me it was fixed. And asked if I could try making a phone call to confirm this. Which I did...sucessfully 🙂 He then called back to check if things were working.

There are still issues with my account where it cannot be managed, but James called me again this evening with the view of getting these ironed out tomorrrow. Can't grumble at that 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @FlyingFish,

I'm happy to hear that everything is sorted for you now. I've also just seen that he spoke with you and everything is fully resolved Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
FlyingFish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

Happy ending, well untill I post back here in 45 days chasing the Amazon voucher 😉

James called again today to confirm that the remaining issues with my mobile account have been fixed, and I can now manage my account (which I can confirm). And by way of apology have waived a months fee. 

I would just like to say many thanks for getting this sorted for me.

Cheers

Mick

0 Ratings
Sheilago
Beginner
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

I have had same problem trying to move from O2. I was persuaded by BT employee to move from o2 . Wish I hadn't as this is such a busy time of year and so difficult to manage without people being able to phone or text me. Was promised a text by midnight tonight to say my old number was working, but nothing.happened. Thinking I should just go back to O2 as I am already not impressed with BT service.

0 Ratings
whatsinaname
Beginner
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

Hi I've had an issue similar to those posted here. Ported across from EE to BT scheduled for 26th. Seemed to be ok at the beginning and on the 27th the porting had been finalised. Everything was working ok up to 30 January 2016 in the evening. Then I had a no service coming up on the mobile. Raised it with BT who claimed there was a problem with porting and suggested i get a PAC code again!. Was given a 2-5 day fix and said invariably it would be 2 days. Called after 2 days to hear porting had worked ok- no issue with profile but didnt know what the problem was. Promised a call back on that day- guess what no call made. Called again on Friday (3rd Feb) to be told it has been escalated and i'll get a call today.

So far I've lost the use of my number which is linked to my work for 7 days (including today). Not happy at all especially given the fact this appears to be a known issue affecting more than simply myself. Wasn't told anything about that when i was looking to port.

So peeved i simply now wish to cancel the contract (and 2 others) i and my family have. Am hacked off that BT cant explain what the fault is and that as its affected thousands  for several months according to this thread why it hasn't been fixed.

0 Ratings
tygger
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

Seems this is still a major problem. My phone number was due to be ported by 10pm yesterday now can't make outgoing calls. Talked to India who just keep quoting 24-48 hrs to sort. Just not good enough!!!! Tried to get transferred to the complaints team....guess what.... they are working off line and I can expect a call within 24hrs 😖.. does this company have any idea about customer service!!!!! ???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

Have you tried the Mobile Chat Team

0 Ratings