cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Porting a number to new provider

Go to solution
a) They should inform people how it works, especially when someone continually stresses that they are emphatically NOT going to pay for any longer than the required minimum period of time.

b) Also, if I do know how it works, it still doesn't appear to be possible to avoid any overlap. I can't initiate the retain number process before inserting the new sim card. I could have inserted the sim card yesterday of course and only be double charged for one day. But I shouldn't be expected to ferret out this info by myself. They need to tell me.

A question: I might need to access my bank account etc before the end of Monday. If I reinsert my BT sim card, will it work despite the fact it's no longer locked into BT?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

I got my pac number 3-4 weeks ago, and I stressed to the BT lady I emphatically do not want my contract to extend beyond today.  She said something along the lines that it's no problem.

Also, it's not easy swapping sim cards.  I have to bend a paperclip and poke in this hole!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Your BT sim will work until the day it moves to Lebara, so if it was me i'd use the BT sim over the weekend to save giving out the Lebara number for the sake of 2 days. But yes maybe could have been explained better, as there's no way to avoid overlap.

0 Ratings