Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanddancerdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Problem cancelling a mobile upgrade and returning to sim only

Has anyone else had the same issue as me

I've been on the phone to BT Mobile now for over an hour. I was on sim only, upgraded to a phone contract, I'm not happy with the phone so returning it under 14 days

I'm on hold at the moment and so far I've been told that

I need a PAC so I can port out, place another order and port back in

My upgrade will be cancelled but i'll need a new sim.

I've said that I've got the original sim for when I placed the order for the sim only contract and I've tried the adviser to the help page which states that 

Unless you're returning to a SIM Only plan where we'll move you straight back to your original plan

and

If you cancelled the Phone plan within 14 days, you'll go back to your SIM Only plan at the same point you left it. The original minimum term for your SIM Only plan will continue to apply.

The advisor is clueless and keeps wanting to send me a new sim

90 mins later and it still hasn't been cancelled

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
dieselglider
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problem cancelling a mobile upgrade and returning to sim only

I think once the original sim has been de-activated, that's it finished for good.  Not sure why you can't use the present sim, with BT just changing the contract details, unless it's a different physical size to the original sim card.  In which case, you would need a new sim.

0 Ratings
sanddancerdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I've only ever had one sim, the one I got when I originally started the contract.

When I upgraded, I kept the existing sim and put it into my phone when it arrived

0 Ratings
Highlighted
liggerz87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

At least you were able to upgrade they should have just cancelled it and put as sim only I tried to upgrade but they did it as a new contract I now sent phone back even tho i liked it once they have phone I'll try upgrade again
0 Ratings
sanddancerdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi Liggerz87

You would think they'd just do that wouldn't you 🙂 BT it's never simple

0 Ratings
liggerz87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

True I just had to send a phone back myself even gave me a pac number to try get it to bt it's crazy lol
0 Ratings
sanddancerdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Just been on the phone again and spoke to someone who knows what they are doing

If anyone is in the same boat as me, when you call BT Mobile to cancel an upgrade, ask them to do a "Sales Revert" 

0 Ratings
liggerz87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Iv now sent phone back I accidentally sent my. Own sim not the new one I got new sim next day and activated ok so can't understand how there is activation issues it must be a problem for new connections
0 Ratings
sanddancerdave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Mine still isn't sorted

6 hours on the phone since last Tuesday now, and still no further forward, being told different things again by different advisers

Told DPD would collect phone, then told Ii'd have to post it off

To be fair I spoke to a lady yesterday called Toni who was really helpfully and actually went the extra mile, kept coming back to let me know she was still on hold and apologising for keeping me waiting but she wanted to get it fixed

Compared to the previous advisers...best quote was

"None of us really know what we're doing, this is all new, not even the managers know what to do"

I thought processes would be in place when rolling out a new service.........then again.....

0 Ratings