cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petermw
Message 1 of 6

Problems using BT Mobile in France

I have two problems trying to use BT Mobile in France. Although I am told by BT data roaming is enabled I have no data service on French mobile networks. I can send texts, and receive calls, but no email or internet. Second, when connected to French wi-fi I can receive emails, but cannot send them. Help!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems using BT Mobile in France

I recently went to France and did not have to change any settings on my phone, all worked ok. Even WiFi was not an issue.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

When I had this exact same issue in Hungary, toggling off 4G data and dropping back to 3G fixed it. Worth a try.

0 Ratings
paulm39
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

What phone are you using? Are you sim only and was your phone on a different network before?

0 Ratings
petermw
Message 5 of 6

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4. The BT Mobile contract is Sim only, and the phone has not previously been used on another network, other than normal roaming.

Peter

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mazza
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49921/c/7168/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTAyODY5Nzg2L3Np...

Could try the above. Mine didnt work in Portugal, BT told me to re-insert the SIM, switch phone off and on, select mobile networks manually until one works. None of them did, next time I go abroad I will try a 3 SIM as I didnt have any problems with 3.

0 Ratings