cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LWhitford
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Problems with moving to BT mobile

We have recently moved to BT mobile, we have a family sim and moved our old numbers. Every time both myself and my husband send a text, multiple copies of the same text are sent! Also we can’t use iMessage or FaceTime. We have both upgraded our phone software to check it’s not this, we’ve logged out and in of our Apple ID and turned iMessage off and in and the phones off and on but no change! Although we contact each other using our old transferred numbers the phone states it’s still using the BT temporary number. Please help, apparently in just a few days I’ve sent 74 texts but I have only sent about 10 “different” texts! Thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problems with moving to BT mobile

have you tried phoning customer service on 150 or 0800800150 from mobile to get your problem sorted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LWhitford
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I thought I would try on here first as the telephone lines are busy

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

This is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT.  You need BT to help you hence phoning 150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LWhitford
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for clarifying, I will call 150.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

I had a problem with text messages being dupicated when I first moved over to BT, I have no idea what caused it but, If it's any consolation (probably not to be honest),  it did eventually stop.

As for the number, see https://circlesasiasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000101853-Why-does-my-old-number-still-a...

"Why is my iPhone showing my old number?

On your phone, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage and turn it off and on. ... Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure the correct mobile number is displayed under the 'START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM' section. You can also try to reset your network settings on your iPhone.5 days ago"
0 Ratings
LWhitford
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thank you!

I called 150 and got through straight away, all sorted out now. I had to change the number in the phone and messaging sections under settings.

Many thanks for the advice.