cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nemu
Contributor
Message 11 of 35

Re: Profile Installation Failed : The UUID for the profile “BT Mobile Internet” is not unique

I had already tried following this web page “How do i set my phone up manually to work with BT Mobile”

it was not much use and it says the carrier must be set to BT and be version 18.1 or higher which mine is 

no where can i find any menu options to check or edit the APN

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 35

Re: Profile Installation Failed : The UUID for the profile “BT Mobile Internet” is not unique

Hi @nemu Thanks for trying that and posting back.

Would you please confirm what Handset make/model you are using?
When you get the message (is it when trying to surf the internet) has it ever worked?
Has it worked before and if so has anything changed since then ie new handset?

@stuandlil If you are still having problems can you post answers to the above questions also.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

Hi @CarolV If the chat team have not been able to help can you post answers to the following questions.

Would you please confirm what Handset make/model you are using?
When you get the message (is it when trying to surf the internet) has it ever worked?
Has it worked before and if so has anything changed since then ie new handset?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
stuandlil
Message 14 of 35

Hi I’ve got an apple 8 plus
0 Ratings
stuandlil
Message 15 of 35

When I put my new sim into the phone today I got a message saying
Hello, BT here. We're currently activating your services and it'll only take 30 minutes before everything works. We'll let you know when it's done. In the meantime please connect to a wifi network and install the mobile data settings from the link we've just sent you. Thanks

I followed the link to try to install the new settings and it came up with the fail message after that
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 35

If you plug your phone into a pc/laptop and open iTunes , do you get the pop up message to 'update carrier settings'? If so, choose the update... My 2p
0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 17 of 35

Mine is a new handset an Apple Iphone SE    Running IOS 11.0.2

browser works on the web but concerned it wont while roaming on the continent as it will need the BT APN and  I cant manually add it 

the profile installtion fails with this error when attempting to install via the SMSText  i received  and also when trying to install the file direct from the website 

How to change APN settings on an Apple iPhone install the file now  

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52745

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

Hi @stuandlil and @nemu Thanks for posting that information for me. I'll see what I can find out and post back to let you know when I have an update.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
atticus063
Beginner
Message 19 of 35

Also experiencing the same error when installing profile. iPhone 8 plus. New BT Mobile contract and sim.

Please keep me up to date with an outcome.
0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 20 of 35

Perhaps this is only a problem on iphones running the new  IOS 11 ?

0 Ratings