cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimkwatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Purchasing a data add-on

I had huge problems a few months ago when roaming in USA but, thanks to this Community, BT intervened and I was refunded in full for the issues I experienced.  One of the problems back then was that it wasn't possible to purchase a data add-on in advance because the online method of doing it was broken.  I'd assumed that two months on these problems would be fixed, as surely a company as big as BT can't have a situation with nobody being able to buy add ons -  but it appears not.  The reason for posting now is that I'm off to USA again soon and therefore need to buy another add on.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, it would be great please if anyone here can let me know?  This is what I've tried - both on the BT website and BT app.  Many thanks - James  >>

On BTMobile app:  I go to Roaming. Then I go to Data Roaming Add-Ons. Then it asks me to log in to MyMobile. I click on 'Login to MyMobile' and type in my BT credentials again (even though I came direct from the app so was already credential cleared).  I then click on the big red button called "Buy Add-Ons".  I'm then presented with an order form asking me for phone number and email address. I type in both.  I then get asked to confirm I wish to make changes to my BTMobile Plan, I say yes. It also invites me to tick the number I wish to amend the plan for. (As I have two SIMS).  I select the number.  I then click on the red 'Continue" button.    And then....wait for this..... I get presented with "Good News, the customer already has extra speed included as part of their package for this SIM, so an add on cannot be purchased at this time".  So I'm at a dead end and cannot buy the add on.

On MyBT (website):  I go to MyBT/Package/Add-ons.  From there I click on Your Add-Ons.  Then I click on the area where it says "choose from a range of extra minutes, data and international roaming data" .  Then I get "Thank you for visiting BT.com. We are sorry the page you requested cannot be displayed. We apologise for any inconvenience. To return to BT.com at any time just click the logo at the top of the page".  Again, I'm at a dead end - no ability to buy add on.

This is how it was back in early January, I'm at a loss as to why it's not fixed as - surely to goodness - there must be tens of thousands of customers needing to buy add-ons?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
StuartH
Message 2 of 5

Re: Purchasing a data add-on

Hi @Jimkwatson 

Sorry you're having problems ordering the Addon for the USA.

I've highlighted this thread to our Mobile Team, they've advised me a fault has been raised to get this corrected. 

I'm not sure how long it can take to correct these things but if you try periodically or if we get any updates we'll post here.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Jimkwatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks Stuart. The website and app have been broken for buying add-ons for more then 2 months now, so hopefully not much much longer to wait.
0 Ratings
Jimkwatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hi Stuart, just wondered if there is any update?

Does anyone know how a BT mobile customer is supposed to buy a USA data on? As said above the process on web site and app have been broken since end of last year. I need to buy another one for an upcoming trip but may seriously have to switch from BT to another provider because BT have no means of selling me (or anyone it seems!) an add on.

Many thanks.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Jimkwatson ,

@StuartH is out of office at the moment so I've contacted our BT Mobile team. They should reply back over the next couple of days. As soon as one of our team get an update we will let you know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings