Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waster
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: DEADLOCK LETTER AND LIES DEALT OUT BY BT

Go to solution

I too have had the similar problems with BT for the past five months concerning a mobile phone purchase.

From 13 June 2014, the Consumer Contracts Regulations - which implement the European Consumer Rights Directive into UK law - apply to all purchases you make at a distance, for example online or over the phone. 

BT has to provide this information in a clear manner, and in a format appropriate to the means of communication used (so, for example, in the terms and conditions of a written contract, or verbally in the case of purchases over the phone).

BT refused my request to cancel the mobile phone on the same day of purchase/ordering.

One-day after receiving the BT mobile, I again for the second time, cancelled the mobile phone. Informed that BT will issue a return bag for this mobile at no charges plus that the contact will be cancelled.

Six- days after receiving the BT mobile, I again for the third time, cancelled the mobile phone. Informed that BT will issue a "Parcelforce" recorded delivery return bag for this mobile but may take between two and five days for the collection bag to arrive.

Eight-days after receiving the BT mobile, I again for the "fourth time", cancelled the mobile phone. Informed that BT will issue a "Parcelforce" recorded delivery return bag the following day.

11-Days after receiving the BT mobile, received email from BT/Parcelforce saying that BT will be collected by courier the following day. 

12-Days after receiving the BT mobile, BT/Parcelforce collected by courier the BT mobile phone. 

16-days after receiving the BT mobile, BT/parcel force delivered BT mobile phone to BT sales return centre and signed by a BT employee.

17-Days after receiving the BT mobile - email from BT your BT compliant about these BT mobile problems has been closed.

Two-months after receiving the BT mobile - BT contacted again looking into my complaint.

Thanks for providing me the information and I will investigate about this on the account and help you further and as we value your time and business will not let you down.

Three-months after receiving the BT mobile - BT contacted again looking into my complaint.

Despite many numerous telephone complaints (at least eight) made to BT about this issue, 

Four month now after receiving BT mobile phone - 

BT contacted again looking into my complaint. In the end BT Chat lines and BT Mobile teams refuse to answer my questions about this ongoing saga and both just cancel my calls for no reasons.

Five months now after receiving BT mobile phone - Update on your complaint, we are working as hard as we can to put things right, we hope you will give us longer. I f we can not suggest "Ombudsman Services"

Six months after receiving the BT mobile phone - under the "Data Protection Act 2018" I requested all information that has occurred with BT since I ordered this mobile phone. Since I received this information from BT, it is quite clear that BT have been economical with the information they have given. I shall therefore take further legal advice on this issue.

Basically dealing with BT over this issue has been full of lies, deceit, a law amongst themselves, rudeness, passing the buck, kicikng the can down the road, thus proving an extremly distressing and unpleasant experience. How this company can exist in the modern world with their attitude, they should take a leaf out from Amazon where customers are treated with respect and honesty.

For a person approaching their eighties thet have certainly tried my patience. I am under the impression, BT are waiting for me to laydown and enter the next universe before the problem can be resolved.

It used to be a decent company, the battle continues, I am sure third parties would be interested in the above remarks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

I have asked the forum mods who are only BT employees on the forum to see if they can help you get this to a conclusion  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Waster  welcome to the forum and sorry that you have been unable to resolve the complaint about your BT Mobile and it is taking so long. We will be happy to see what we can do to get this moving quicker to a resolution for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Waster  thanks for sending over your details and giving me the chance to resolve this for you. I've picked up your case and I will need help from the BT Mobile team to deal with this. I've contacted them for help and will keep you updated.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Waster  the Mobile team have got back to me and confirmed they have been in touch with you directly and this complaint has now been resolved and your account corrected.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings