Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 5

Re: Mobile sim

@JohnH3wrote:

Can a bt sim be used in an EE locked phone

Hi @JohnH3. There is a money back guarantee so you can try before you buy. If everything works then you can port over your number but only if it works. 

4 REPLIES 4
JohnH3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

I am buying a new phone from argos which will be locked to EE, and I've heard that because they are on the same network I can simply put  my bt SIM into the new phone and it will be as if it was in my present phone ie, same contract same number.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

this was last year but don't know if position changes since then

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/BT-Sim-in-a-EE-Locked-Phone/m-p/1741993

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnH3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for reply. Will go to Argos tomorrow and find out for sure then let you know.
0 Ratings
JohnH3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Ok. Went to Argos to pick up a Nokia 3 for my wife. I was told I couldn't try her card in it as this would make it a second-hand phone and I would have to buy a pay as you go card for £10. Didn't buy the phone. This morning I went to a friends in the village who has an EE contract and, would you believe, a EE locked Nokia 3!!! Put my wife's bt card in it and the EE icon changed to bt . Made a call to his landline and it rang. Also, It had Wi-Fi calling which it doesn't have when it's in my wifes lgk8 350n which is the main reason for changing the phone. I have now ordered a phone with Amazon so fingers crossed.

0 Ratings