Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ReggieW
Message 1 of 12

Re: Online ordering problem For BT Mobile SIM

Go to solution

I’m a BT broadband and landline customer, seeking to change my mobile phone to BT Mobile, which I expect BT would welcome. I have seen an online offer for a mobile, for BT Broadband customers, which includes the incident I’ve of a BT prepaid reward card as  well as an affordable monthly payment.

When I try to order the BT Mobile using MY BT, it does a check that I am a broadband customer but then cancels saying that my landline number does not match my actual number. I do not know what that means and have called BT many times trying to sort this out and to place the mobile order. Unfortunately no-one seems able to help me correct problems placing orders via My BT.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @ReggieW welcome to the forum and I've moved your post to create your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

Although you are having difficulty placing your order online it's very likely that issue is not the exact same. Therefore can you elaborate on what happens when you try to place your order, ie do you get an error message or code. Also do you have any open orders on your account as this will prevent you placing another order (you can check this on your MYBT)  

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ReggieW
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

It is basically the same issue to be honest but when trying to order a new mobile instead of a sim. It brings up a page that explains how to edit the number but the instructions seem to be wrong?

"

As a security precaution we've stopped your online journey as the landline number in your My BT account is different to your actual number. To update it, please take the following steps:

• Click 'Edit' next to your account number or name at the top of the 'My Profile' page
  • Enter your new phone number in the last field, tick the box to remove the old number and click 'Save'
  • Once you've done that you should be able to re-start and complete your order

"

I also do not have any open orders.

Thankyou.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @ReggieW Thanks for updating your post and also checking for any open orders. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ReggieW
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I've done that thanks.

I've been trying for a while whilst the reward card perk has been on the offers but it is only available for 1 more day. Is there anything that can be done about that? 

Thankyou.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @ReggieW We can't provide reward cards for orders not placed on the website. The priority is to get your account fixed so you can place and manage your account online.

We do not know in advance what or when a future offer will be available but we can cross that bridge with you once we get things fixed. 

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ReggieW
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 no worries about the reward card. Have you any idea as to when the problem will be fixed? I'm in serious need of a mobile.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @ReggieW

Once you fill in the form it goes into a list @JohnC2 or one of the moderators will look at your account and try and either resolve the issue or speak to the relevant team who can,  and then get back to you. They try their best to get issues resolved as fast as possible but it depends on the complexity of the issue and in some instances can take several days although often much sooner.

0 Ratings
ReggieW
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Hello,
Okay, thank you for the information.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @ReggieW sorry about the delay getting back to you.  I tried calling there but missed you, I've updated your land line number in your MyBT account so that should be sorted for you now.

Can you try again and post back to let me know if you're able to place an order? There's a BT Mobile sale on at the moment so I hope you can get a good deal.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings