cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinCh
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Online ordering problem For BT Mobile SIM

I have the same problem, I am trying to add a SIM to my broadband+landline and I get the error below. The landline number quoted on the previous screen is my old number (moved 2 years ago). The instructions on the error page don't work because the website has changed. Any chance you can fix my account too?

2019-01-04.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@MartinCh the quickest way for you to get this sorted would be to contact the live chat team on this link. They'll be able to delete the old number from your My BT account.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
MartinCh
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I tried that and they told me to call 0800 8000302, where they offered to sign me up over the phone. I just want to get rid of that old number from my account. I will try the online chat again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@MartinCh sorry about that, don't mention the sim order just ask for the removal of the old details from My BT an add your new number.

The mod team are quite busy at the moment so it would take a few days before we'd be able to help and I'm sure you'd like the order placed asap. Post back and let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
MartinCh
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I tried the online chat, eventually somone called and after telling me everything was OK I was transferred to a call centre to sign up for the SIM but no-one knows how to fix the problem with my landline number being wrong on my account. The screenshot below is where I select the account. The BT ID is OK, but the phone number is from 2 years ago and doesn't match my current number. The offer I have is valid to 31 January so I'm not in a big hurry. Thanks for your help.2019-01-04 (2).png

0 Ratings