Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: Problems with USA Roaming

Go to solution

I have also had  problems with using data in the U.S.A. - but I think possibly due to my own misunderstanding of roaming.  I have, probably wrongly,  assumed that I could use my monthly data allowance of 4GB until it was used up in the USA, before having to purchase extra data.

We are on a family skiing holiday, so the phone is very useful for keeping in touch on the slopes when wifi is not available.

After a phone call at the airport in Denver to locate our son and also our taxi,  plus  2 what's Apps,  I had run up a bill of £38.00 and have not dared use the phone since outside our hotel.

I have used 68mb out of 4GB, but the details of this usage is always  "Ooops, unavailabe at this time" - it would just be helpful to see what

Not very good at understanding these things so would be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction,  please?!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution

I gave up using BT in USA as the process simply didn’t work. As you errors just pop up when you try to use the app and I was being charged ridiculous amounts. I visit USA regularly and now simply buy a TMobile SIM off Amazon for around £20 and pop it in my phone on the flight over. Then it’s unlimited data and no bills 🙂

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@retrieve 

some reading  https://www.bt.com/mobile/data-roaming/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks,   I had thought of buying a sim card, but thought you had to buy in the  USA which was always difficult

to find an appropriate store at Denver airport.  I noticed that as you exit through Customs at T3 Heathrow there are machines selling UK sim cards.

0 Ratings