cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salesac1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Transfer sim from one BT account to another.

Many thanks indeed Jeff. I have been able to follow that process through in MyBT, but stopped before entering details of the other SIM, since I am awaiting the results of my PM to the mods.
Hopefully, the BT live chat advisors will catch up soon with the change in the way these invitations are created!
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Hi @salesac1

I can advise the process posted by @JeffTG is correct, please go ahead and follow this process it should resolve it for you.

Please post back once complete.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
salesac1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Hi Stuart,

Thanks, I followed the process to transfer my wife's SIM yesterday lunchtime.  The good news is that her SIM now appears under my MyBT mobile package.  Not so good is that a) I see yellow warnings that she has hit her monthly and data roaming spend caps, b) her data allowance doesn't reflect the Double Data boost from BT Plus (otherwise matches mine) and c) the monthly cost shown is far more than she paid before - and more than I pay for my Family SIM.  The object of the exercise is to have both SIMs with the same plan and costs, as promised in the BT email I received a week ago.

My order still shows as Open.  Perhaps I need to wait for it to be closed before contacting BT again about the above issues?

The last entry in the order progress reads 'Service activation - Delivery of BT Mobile Family SIM(s)', so I'm not sure what else could be keeping the order open, unless it is the association of the SIM to my BT Plus so that the Double Data boost is enabled.

Separately, I received an email this morning from BT with the subject 'We're looking into your complaint'.  I assume this relates to the PM I sent NeilO last weekend.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Hi @salesac1

Thanks for posting the email you got about the complaint is one we raised to investigate this for you.

I can advise we are investigating this with the mobile team. You may get some automated email notifications as the mobile team make changes  to make sure the transfer completes smoothly on your account.

As soon as I have more updates we will be in touch.

Thanks

Stuart

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
salesac1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Hello again Stuart,

Thank you for your last message.  I thought it may help if I update you on my side.  I received a call the same evening as you had posted, from someone at BT in Swansea.  She said her office would ensure that I end up with both SIMs having 3GB +3GB Double Data boost and the cost for the second (transferred) one will be the same as the first one.  She said she was unable to finalise these until the open order has been completed, but would monitor the situation.

On Saturday I received an email advising me that my complaint had been closed.

However, at the time of writing, the order started on 29th January remains open and my wife's SIM still does not reflect the 3GB Double Data boost. 

In MyBT, if I try to view the 'Summary' tab within 'Manage your mobile account', I get the three bouncing balls constantly and nothing else appears.  I can view information under the tabs for each SIM.  The tab for my wife's SIM still has the yellow warning strips about hitting the spend caps.  In addition, according to the lady at BT Swansea, the monthly price shown under that tab is meant to represent the cost of both SIMs, before the £5 BT Broadband discount.  If that's correct, it's very confusing to the customer. It seems far more logical to show the combined cost (after the discount) on the Summary tab.

I am concerned because there seems no reason for my order to remain open and my next bill is due in 5 days, according to MyBT.  I would like to be sure that the bill will be correct.

Thanks once more for your efforts, which are much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Hi @salesac1

Thanks for posting back to me. I can see the mobile team are investigating why this order is open and working on it to try to get it resolved.

You should get an update on it in the next day or so.

Thanks

Stuart

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
salesac1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Hi Stuart,

I haven't yet received a further update, but it does seem from checking MyBT that everything has in fact been resolved and both SIMs now mirror each other, both in data allowance and cost.

It's great to know that the BT Community has helped me achieve what BT at first said couldn't be done.  Many thanks again to you and your moderator colleagues!

Kind regards,
Andrew

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Hey @salesac1

Thank for posting back!

@StuartH isn't in the office at the moment but I'll let you know you've been in touch when he returns Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Hi @salesac1

I've had an update that from a billing perspective everything should be good.

I'm just waiting on one more update to confirm that all allowances and benefits are in place to ensure this is fully resolved, once I get this I'll update you but so far its looking good 🙂

Cheers

Stuart

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings