cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Receiving calls from people saying I called them, but I haven’t!

Go to solution

@menumadwrote:

yes it is my BT mobile and everyone returning a missed call are genuine.

It's not you or your phone calling these people, your number being spoofed shows your number as the number that called them, so when people ring the number back they get you.

You have 2 options really, wait it out for them to find a new number to spoof or BT will change your mobile number free of charge

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

I am also getting these calls , up to 3/4 a week all from ordinary sounding people who say I have called them on my number and they are returning my call!  Nothing untoward on my bill but I am still worried and a bit annoyed that BT can't seem to do anything about this.  I am now blocking each call.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

This has nothing at all to do with BT.  Its a spammer using your number to call other people.  They have no knowledge of what network you are on.  They will move on to another number soon.  I have not had any since I posted.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

I asked the callers to block my number.  what it is is an overseas company  has highjacked your number on a burner phone to appear the call is coming from the uk and phoning uk numbers stating that they are from the inland revenue but if nobody answers  the person returns the call and of course it your number that gets dialled.  The calls will get less and give it a couple of weeks will stop and they will go on to the next poor person.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

This is on my landline not my mobile. I realise this page is for mobile but posted as I could find nothing under landline. I assume if. it is a BT landline then it is a BT issue, but maybe I am wrong?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution
Thank you this is helpful. I feel so sorry for all the people ringing me following your post I am now telling them it is a hoax and they should block my number
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution
Interesting. I’ve just had a lady call me and her first 7 digits are the same as mine, she was definately genuine and a little annoyed when I said it wasn’t me. She’s saying she has a missed call on her mobile from my mobile but it’s not in my history.. does this mean I’ve been spoofed?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

@Kristina1wrote:
 does this mean I’ve been spoofed?

Unfortunately, yes. With luck it will be a one-off as the scammers cycle through numbers, knowing they will be blocked.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

someone from abroad has copied your number so when they phone the uk it appears a local number. if the person they phone does not answer they phone back and get the uk number.  it only last a couple of weeks very annoying but does stop.  anyone who phones as a result ask them to block the number

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

someone from abroad has copied your number so when they phone the uk it appears a local number. if the person they phone does not answer they phone back and get the uk number.  it only last a couple of weeks very annoying but does stop.  anyone who phones as a result ask them to block the number.  they were pretending they were from HMRC a while back

0 Ratings