cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Roam Like Home….. advice please.

Go to solution

Hey everyone, Managing to get away for the 1st time in along time in feb, booking to go to Spain, we have 3 mobiles in the house, all on the unlimited data 5G package. I assume with me already having the add on on all sims we are already good to go. Is there anything else I need to do? Am I limited to data use? Going to stay at families so will probably have WiFi but be good to stream a few things while I’m there. Also assume BT sport app won’t work. 

anything also I should know/ be aware of? Just don’t want any nasty bills upon return 🤣

thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Roam Like Home….. advice please.

Go to solution

Make sure Roaming is enabled on the accounts through MyBT and put an additional spend limit on just in case. Other than that, you should be good to go... BT Sport, NowTV etc won't work because we're no longer part of the EU... Not sure about Netflix etc..

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Agree with @NigelB72 , I have used my mobiles in Portugal each year with no problem and can create Personal Hotspots to use my IPads.

Stew

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks both. I know BT sport doesn’t like vpns but some apps are ok,with them. Thanks.
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Just be aware - if the Telegraph is correct, it’s looking like BT/EE will be re-introducing roaming charges this year.

Not sure if things have changed since this was posted in the help pages:

“Our customers enjoy inclusive roaming in Europe, and we don't have any plans to change this based on the Brexit outcome.”

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Houghton19 check out the following page on bt.com for details on Roam like home 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO perhaps you can clarify if BT/EE are re-introducing roaming charges as per the Telegraph article?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@StewM at present, the reintroduction of EU roaming fees only applies to EE and not BT Mobile

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NigelB72 , that is what I originally thought. But in the article it states:

The analysts said that EE will be hoping that the other mobile operators follow suit, and added: "We rather suspect that they will."

and that both BT Mobile and EE are part of the same BT Group?  Never say never?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@StewM that's why I said at the moment... 👌

0 Ratings