Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revy32
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Roaming costs Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia

Go to solution

Hi, we are going to Singapore, Malaysia & Cambodia in the new year and wondered what roaming charges apply please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Roaming costs Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia

Go to solution

Hi @revy32 

There is a checker on this page, under ‘International and Roaming Charges’

https://www.bt.com/mobile/calling-charges/

I did have a quick look at some of the counties mentioned, and it’s very expensive and not cost effective to use your phone really. 

E.g £5 per mb in cambodia! 

I would recommend sticking to Wi-Fi and disabling Data Roaming. Or at least setting a spend cap in My BT to ensure you don’t return to a high bill.

You could also buy a local-prepaid sim card while your there, if your phone is unlocked.

Hope you have a nice trip 😊

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
revy32
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Albertj,

Thanks for the reply, I thought it wouldn't be cheap so, as u say, I'll disable roaming and just use wi-fi when available.

Cheers

pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@revy32   Don't forget it's not just data that comes with eyewatering charges. Making and answering calls can also be very expensive; sending texts will also come with charges, albeit not at life-threatening levels. If you get a call from home, it make sense not to answer it;  instead, text or email the caller to determine why they called.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings