cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Roaming usa

Hi Guys, I'm off to Florida in March for 2x weeks and have a family sim plan with 4x sims and a data allowance of 30gb of data each month.

Just rang bt to ask about having 1gb of data for each sim whilst on holiday and the cost is £600 !!!!!!

What a complete joke !

**Edited**

My contract is up shortly so I will be taking my business elsewhere as this is a complete rip off.

Get your act together bt !

10 REPLIES 10
iTraxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Roaming usa

Totally agree, the inability to have a global roaming option or add on especially for the USA is going to be a deal breaker if they havent put something in place soon.

**Edited**

BT USA data bundle 100MB for £15 or in other words £1500 for 10GB

That is as you say "a complete joke" 

0 Ratings
iTraxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

It seems BT does not like criticism, especially when it incudes mentioning that a competitor does something better.

The criticism was constructive BT as you will not retain clients such as myself if inclusive USA roaming is not available in any of the plans.

As i have stated in previous posts,  i like BT, our Broadband, landline and MOST of the mobile features work very well, the pricing is very competitive and i believe there are many people who would relish the opportunity of escaping some of the other operators disastrous customer service.

However the technology, settings and features need to be same if not better

0 Ratings
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Yes they edited my post as well as I mentioned another provider supplying 1 month Sims with 5gb data for £16.
I nearly rolled off me chair laughing when they told me the cost!
Won't be paying £120 pm for much longer !!
0 Ratings
Lemmiwinkles
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

My partner and I (one BT, another with a company that has a red logo) both used to switch to a SIM card from a company rhyming with “free” for £15 and we got 8gb roaming in the US. However, my partners mobile provider (red logo) now includes USA roaming as part of their package AND Spotify, leaving my rather expensive BT plan looking quite sheepish.

It’s safe to say that if BT don’t address a USA roaming option worthy of age of smartphones (100MB is pathetic) then i’ll be off to a competitor in the next few months 🙂
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

You all seem to have done your research about what other companies cost and offer, did you not think to do that with BT before you signed up with them!

0 Ratings
Lemmiwinkles
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

BT was good value at the time, but no longer is compared to what others NOW offer. Offers change all the time. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing. There’s no need to take our criticisms personally.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

I have nothing to do with BT so I couldn't care less if critise them or not. As you said, the deal was good at the time you took it out so why moan about it NOW. Just suck it up till end of contract then move.

0 Ratings
iTraxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

It seems to me that these posts are generally useful and constructive, it gives people a platform to air grievances, ask questions and often get answers to issues where BT customer service will not or cannot help.
A previous post I made about BT mobile in Europe was picked up by BT and a problem which customer service had no idea about has now been solved.
I think most people like the idea of having all their mobiles, broadband and their landline under one account and wish BT mobile to be a success, however for this to be the case some things have to improve.
It is my view that if people don’t complain things don’t change.
Perhaps as a “distinguished sage” you could use your time more wisely and if the post doesn’t interest you then keep your irrelevant comments to yourself
Lemmiwinkles
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

You cared enough to chime in, I suppose, and I’m sure BT appreciate the feedback. Thanks for your input though.

0 Ratings