Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuarttttt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Roaming

Roaming

Hi,

On your My BT page, when going abroad (Europe) do you need to have both             

"Calls to international numbers" and "Use your phone abroad (data, calls, texts)"       

selected to "Allow"  to enable roaming?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Roaming

Hi @Stuarttttt thanks for posting, you just need to select allow on 'Use your phone abroad (data, calls, texts)' to use your phone abroad.  Check out the following help page for more info on How do I use BT Mobile abroad 

0 Ratings
Stuarttttt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Neilo,
I have just returned from Europe and had no service. I did have "data allowed" switched to on. Tried everything and so did online chat but to no avail. Got a call after I raised a complaint and they said I didnt have roaming switched on??? But of course I did. (I go abroad a few times each year) I'll have to take a sim from another provider next time I go to Europe as this is twice its happened with BT. Something amiss somewhere but no one seems to be able or wanting to help.
0 Ratings
JeffTG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi and sorry for a late response.

Maybe a long-shot but I've seen other posts on here where, if you have set your "Spend Cap" to Zero ( £0 ), Roam Like Home has an issue and won't allow roaming.  If that was the case then setting the lowest Spend-cap should fix it and allow Roaming.

0 Ratings
Stuarttttt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestion. I believe I had tried that though. I'll call BT just prior to going abroad again to check that they are satisfied that all is in order. But, in anticipation of another failure I will be taking a GiffGaff sim so at least i will have comms albeit a new temporary number. 

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Stuarttttt,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue?

If you haven't I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi Stuarttttt,

Thanks for sending in your account information.

I have sent you a private message to let you know I am looking into this for you and will follow up with you again in a few days.

Any questions let me know?

Thanks 

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Stuarttttt,

I have sent you a private message with steps that we hope will fix this issue for you.

Any questions please let me know.

Cheers

Matt

0 Ratings