cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

S20FE Owners - Mobile Signal Strength?

How do you find signal strength? A friend looking to move to BT/EE but when putting my SIM in her phone to check coverage at the address, signal is virtually non-existent. My S10+ has a steady two bars of signal which is enough to make a decent quality call. Her S20FE would be unusable.

Trying to get an idea if this is generic to this model before attempting a warranty claim. It will be painful enough sourcing another phone & transferring everything. More so if Samsung just send it back as no fault found.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: S20FE Owners - Mobile Signal Strength?

Enable Developer Options on the phone (tutorials on google)

Goto SimStatus

Signal strength is about halfway down the page

Message 3 of 7

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

Please Ignore

I did! 😁

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

No problem but check again now that I've answered the question correctly

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks, will have to try that when I see her next.

Message 6 of 7

Message 7 of 7

Finally got to check this. Seems that at some point SimStatus was moved to regular settings. Now under About Phone > Status Information. Kind of proves the point in that my S10+ shows -107dBm & her S20FE -121dBm using the same SIM in the same location. Both are low but mine is still usable whereas hers isn't.

But what it doesn't tell me is if all S20FEs are a bit pants or just this one. Trying to get past Samsung's "Have you turned it on & off again?" is proving a real challenge. Annoyingly they seem to have done away with all the local service centres in favour of Apple style stores, & the nearest is 60 miles away.

0 Ratings