Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobswin
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

SIM activation

Go to solution

Seasons greetings

I ordered a BT mobile SIM just before Christmas which has arrived and been placed in the phone. This didn't result in any text messages, which I think is meant to happen. I tried to activate on bt.com/go and it says activation in progress. I have tried a few times over the last few days with no result. The signal meter on the mobile shows no bars and says only emergency numbers. The phone is a Motorola G4 which I ordered SIM free from Argos. For the past year I have used a mobile PAYG sim from Tesco without issue. I don't see how it can be locked unless Tesco can do it surreptitiously and there are no company logos on the screen.

Hope you can help

Bobswin

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: SIM activation

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

The best thing do do is to contact the Mobile Chat Team

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bobswin
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Yeah already tried that and it doesn't appear to be working. Thanks for responding so quickly though

Bobswin

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@Bobswin wrote:

Yeah already tried that and it doesn't appear to be working. Thanks for responding so quickly though

Bobswin

I can see the chat page, are they not responding when you press the start chat button?

0 Ratings
Bobswin
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

it just says there was a problem connecting to the server. So maybe there are other issues. I do have internet access

Bobswin

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Bobswin,

I tested that link from here and its working okay. There was a 2 or 3 min delay while I was waiting for it to connect. It could be worth while trying another browser?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Bobswin
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I tried waitng for 5 mins and still no response. It's not even saying trying to connect to server and showing some kind of work bar. So I think itls pretty terminal. Anyway it's not an emergency, just inconvenient. Maybe it's a holiday problem. I'll leave it a few days and try again. Thanks for your help

Bobswin

0 Ratings
Bobswin
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
So this resolved itself after a couple more days when I could activate my SIM. It was just a bit irritating I couldn't use my mobile for nearly a week. Plus I think I think I'm still paying for it during this period. I thought everything was done by computer nowadays and they don't need a holiday. Anyway thanks for everybodys help bobswin
0 Ratings