cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

SIM cards that I didn't order - fraudulent accounts at my address

Hi 

I recently received two envelopes containing SIM cards addressed to people I have never heard of and have never lived at my address (I am the only person who has lived at this address). 

I was the victim of some identity theft at the end of last year (people trying to open various bank accounts, phone accounts etc using my name and address).

These are not using my name but are using my address. They are definitely fraudulent as I do not have any products or services with BT.  Who can I speak to to get these accounts cancelled  (and any other account with BT registered to my address)?

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: SIM cards that I didn't order - fraudulent accounts at my address

Hi @ennem thanks for posting. That's quite concerning, I'd recommend you report this to the Police on the Action Fraud website. 

As the sim cards have not been sent to you personally but to your address, I don't believe we would be able to take instruction from you or disclose information to you regarding the person or persons who have ordered the sim cards, but if you call 0800 800 150 and speak with the BT Mobile team they will be able to advise you further. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings